The Value Of Window Coverings
Window coverings such as curtain, blinds or shutters are often overlooked when decorating a room. Not only do window coverings lend a hand in creating the atmosphere of a room, they are functional too, by keeping light, sounds and pesky neighbours eyes out.
How To Choose Between Curtain Or Blinds?
Aside from personal taste, it can be difficult to decide whether to use curtains or blinds in a room. On one hand curtains have been used for centuries and can provide the room with a different atmosphere depending on the fabric used. However blinds are fast becoming a favourite as they are timeless while still adding to the feel you are creating in a room.
In order to help you make a decision, let’s take a look at the Pros and Cons of using curtains vs blinds/shutters.
- Wide variety of fabric
- Provides privacy
- Can make a room feel soft and romantic
- Customisable to your design preferences
- Beautifies the room whether they are open or closed
- Become outdated
- Need to be taken down and washed every couple of months
- Sheer curtains provide no privacy
- They are either open or closed, there is very little control over how much light is let in
- Control the amount of light in that is let into a room
- Can be quick and easy to install
- Easy to clean with a damp cloth
- Creates privacy while allowing light into a room
- Lockable blinds or shutters provide security
- Timeless and modern
- Not as many design options
- Can be clinical
Why We Think Blinds Are The Best Choice?
It is a no brainer for us that blinds are the best window covering choice for any space. You can take any room from drab to classic, warm, rustic or timeless with the use of blinds. Take it from us, curtains are the decor of the past, blinds compliment any room and do not go out of fashion.
Blinds are easy to maintain, allow you to play with the light in a room while maintaining privacy and there are a variety of types of blinds available to suit your style. Whether you are looking for indoor or outdoor blinds and even if you have a preferred type: wood, bamboo, venetian or roller, you can use blinds to create a beautiful space your friends and family will be jealous of.